Posted to users@camel.apache.org by shahsidd <si...@yahoo.com> on 2014/06/21 15:12:44 UTC

Re: aggregator - error handling default does not propogate error

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. I have a splitter and I want the splitting to
stop if there is an exception while processing. Thus if I want am splitting
message in message 1,message 2 and message 3 and an exception is raised
while processing message 1 then the splitter should stop the splitting and
send the exception message back to the caller.

I am using camel 2.9.7 with spring. I am using an aggregation strategy with
stopOnException=true. However when an exception is thrown in message 1 the
control does not go to the aggregator instead in goes to the method defined
in "onException". Does that mean that stopOnException stops the entire
splitter process including the aggregation strategy. If I dont use
stopOnException=true the control comes to aggregator however the splitting
of messages continue.

Can you let me know how can I handle this scenario.

Regards
Siddharth Shah