Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Yannick Naudet <ya...@eglutek.com> on 2003/05/21 15:25:57 UTC

How to use Axis without using Axis Servlet?

Hi!,

I reiterate a question i asked yesterday.

I am looking for a way to use Axis for publishing and accessing Web Services
without having to use a servlet engine.
Is there a (simple?) way to bypass the Axis servlet?

Any help would be greatly apprecied !!!
Thanks.

Y.

Re: How to use Axis without using Axis Servlet?

Posted by Yannick Naudet <ya...@eglutek.com>.
Thanks for the responses. I saw this stand alone server while looking at the
Axis sources, but i was not sure of its real purpose. I will try it.

RE: How to use Axis without using Axis Servlet?

Posted by Kevin Ross <kr...@integra-online.com>.
Or embed it using 'local' transport...I'm doing this with the latest
HEAD version, to allow local or remote deployment.  I believe an example
is in the test.session package.

-Kevin Ross

On Wednesday, May 21, 2003 at 15:25:57 (+0200) Yannick Naudet writes:
>Hi!,
>
>I reiterate a question i asked yesterday.
>
>I am looking for a way to use Axis for publishing and accessing Web
Services
>without having to use a servlet engine.
>Is there a (simple?) way to bypass the Axis servlet?
>
>Any help would be greatly apprecied !!!

Axis comes with a standalone server, so you can use that instead of
using a servlet container.

Bill

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---

Re: How to use Axis without using Axis Servlet?

Posted by Bill Lear <ra...@zopyra.com>.

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.
Yannick Naudet wrote:

>Hi!,
>
>I reiterate a question i asked yesterday.
>
>I am looking for a way to use Axis for publishing and accessing Web Services
>without having to use a servlet engine.
>Is there a (simple?) way to bypass the Axis servlet?
>
>Any help would be greatly apprecied !!!

documentation is not very good about it but you can use in limited
capacity SimpleAxisServer, for more details please see:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-user&m=105064286619695&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-user&m=105064185119209&w=2

and search for SimpleAxisServer in axis-dev and axis-user archives.

good luck!

alek

--
"Mr. Pauli, we in the back are all agreed that your theory is crazy.
What divides us is whether it is crazy enough to be true." Niels H. D. Bohr