Posted to phoenix-dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org> on 2002/07/01 03:09:43 UTC

Re: Configuration Validation

On Saturday 29 June 2002 12:24 am, Mircea Toma wrote:
> > Currently I'm looking at using RELAX-NG as the schema language, as it
> > seems much easier to understand in 15m than XML Schema.
>
> I will check-in this weekend an initial implementation of a schema
> validator built on Schematron.
> http://www.zvon.org/ZvonSW/ZvonSchematron/Reference/Output/index.html

Excellent. Be warned that the interfaces might change a bit. I'm thinking of
having a single ConfigurationValidator that is capable of having multiple
child-components that know how to handle different schemas. That way if you
are aggregating blocks from different sources with different schema types,
you won't get bitten.

> I got the idea from Ivelin Ivanov (Cocoon commiter). I doesn't support
> phases for now but it's just a matter of time to do that.

I took a brief look at Schematron, looks neat. Its based mostly on xpath
though, right?

One reason I was going in the RELAX-NG direction, is that I don't think it
will be tooo difficult to automatically build a GUI from a good schema def.
-pete

--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org