Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Viswanathan Ramachandran <vi...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/16 17:00:35 UTC

Consistency Level for Atomic Batches

Is consistency level honored for batch statements?

If I have 100 insert/update statements in my batch and use LOCAL_QUORUM
consistency, will the control from coordinator return only after a local
quorum update has been done for all the 100 statements?

Or is it different ?

Thanks
Vish

Re: Consistency Level for Atomic Batches

Posted by Viswanathan Ramachandran <vi...@gmail.com>.
A follow up on the earlier question.

I meant to ask earlier if control returns to client after batch log is
written on coordinator irrespective of consistency level mentioned.

Also: will the coordinator attempt all statements one after the other, or
in parallel ?

Thanks