Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> on 2006/04/14 14:55:30 UTC

[all] Maven 1.0 vs. 2.0

All,

What's the standard build system for Jakarta Commons right now?  I know
folks have been trying to move to M2, but is it stable enough and does it
support all we need currently (like sshdeploy and the like)?  I'd like to
move Commons Proxy to the proper, but my M2 build isn't quite working the
way I want it.

James

RE: [all] Maven 1.0 vs. 2.0

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On Fri, 2006-04-14 at 10:26 -0400, James Carman wrote:
> Robert Burrell Donkin suggested that I make it a proposal rather than a
> vote.

sorry - my advice didn't prove too good, i'm afraid :-/

i've been busy and your proposal got buried in loads of general commons
emails.  (need to add another filter). i hope to take a look at it
today.

- robert

RE: [all] Maven 1.0 vs. 2.0

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Robert Burrell Donkin suggested that I make it a proposal rather than a
vote.  He also suggested that I get together a release candidate to show
that I know how to cut a proper release.  I haven't done that part yet, but
I might work on that today.

I have a vote in my mailbox somewhere about a move of proxy, but I never saw
a vote result, so by
this I assume the vote never passed or have not received the vote result.
Any pointers ?

Mvgr,
Martin

Re: [all] Maven 1.0 vs. 2.0

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.

RE: [all] Maven 1.0 vs. 2.0

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Oh, but thank you very much for offering to help, though.  If I run into any
more snags, I might take you up on it! :-)

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
I got it working.  I was running into the problem with RMI/SureFire
discussed here:

http://www.jroller.com/page/marshbourdon/?anchor=maven_2_surefire_and_rmi

Since my project was in a directory which contained spaces in the path, the
RMI-based test cases failed using M2, but they worked with M1.  Anyway, I
copied the project to a directory which did not contain spaces (and moved my
local repository to a directory which did not contain spaces) and it worked
using M2.  My M1 build works just fine and has for quite some time.

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: [all] Maven 1.0 vs. 2.0

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.