Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Todd O'Bryan <to...@mac.com> on 2004/10/05 12:49:34 UTC

HTTPS

How do I specify that I'd like a page to be encrypted?

I found a message on the mailing list archive that said to use the
scheme attribute, but it didn't say which element where to attach it
to. Google searches for Tapestry scheme were fruitless as was looking
in the index of Tapestry in Action for HTTPS, secure, and scheme.

(The last paragraph is included only to show that I expended some
effort before bothering the list with this. It feels like a FAQ, so I'm
surprised I can't find anything.)

Todd

Re: HTTPS

Posted by Cyril Godefroy <cy...@ecomposite.fr>.
You ask your http server to handle this. It is not a Tapestry stuff.
The only thing regarding Tapestry is the generation of absolute url
with the https scheme instead of the http scheme, but that has to do
with the servlet specification.

Check
http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/2.1/api/
javax.servlet.ServletRequest.html

and

whatever:///Tapestry-3.0/web/doc/api/org/apache/tapestry/request/
RequestContext.html
Which is the tapestry wrapper around most things servlet.

eCOMPOSITE
J2EE & Multimedia
cyril@ecomposite.fr
Tel 06 63 16 45 41

Re: HTTPS

Posted by Todd O'Bryan <to...@mac.com>.
Thanks for the update. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but
hopefully will be soon.

Todd

Re: HTTPS

Posted by F Da Costa <da...@xs4all.nl>.

Re: HTTPS

Posted by F Da Costa <da...@xs4all.nl>.
Hi Todd,

Re: HTTPS

Posted by Todd O'Bryan <to...@mac.com>.

Re: HTTPS

Posted by Todd O'Bryan <to...@mac.com>.
I went to Tapestry's home page. I clicked on Mailing Lists. I clicked
on Archives. I typed "HTTPS PageLink" in the search box, with both
Search Subjects and Search Body and neither one came up with this
thread. Aaaaaaaiiiiiiihhhhhh!!!!!

On the other hand, when I go to
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tapestry-user&r=1&w=2 as suggested by
Jon Newton, the mentioned thread appears without a problem. So, why
does the official Jakarta archive suck?

Re: HTTPS

Posted by F Da Costa <da...@xs4all.nl>.