Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ann Cantelow <ca...@csd.net> on 2009/04/15 19:23:04 UTC

[users@httpd] suexec not activating

Greetings all.

I'm trying to enable suexec with a new apache2 installation.  When I
compile and install, I don't get an enabled message with httpd -l:

Output of httpd -l
------------------
Compiled in modules:
   core.c
   mod_authn_file.c
   mod_authn_default.c
   mod_authz_host.c
   mod_authz_groupfile.c
   mod_authz_user.c
   mod_authz_default.c
   mod_auth_basic.c
   mod_include.c
   mod_filter.c
   mod_log_config.c
   mod_env.c
   mod_setenvif.c
   mod_ssl.c
   prefork.c
   http_core.c
   mod_mime.c
   mod_status.c
   mod_autoindex.c
   mod_asis.c
   mod_suexec.c            <-- note
   mod_cgi.c
   mod_negotiation.c
   mod_dir.c
   mod_actions.c
   mod_userdir.c
   mod_alias.c
   mod_so.c
------------------

But suexec is there in my /usr/local/apache2/bin dir as configured,
and as installed with make install-

-rwsr-xr-x   1 root     system     61344 Apr 15 11:06 suexec

Does anyone see anything wrong with these config directives?
     --enable-suexec \
       --with-suexec-bin=/usr/local/apache2/bin \
       --with-suexec-caller=apache2 \
       --with-suexec-userdir=WWW \
       --with-suexec-logfile=/usr/logs/apache2/suexec_log \
       --with-suexec-uidmin=16 \
       --with-suexec-gidmin=14

My config.log file says this for suexec:
-----------------
configure:19007: checking whether to enable mod_suexec
configure:19043: result: checking dependencies
configure:19047: checking whether to enable mod_suexec
configure:19059: result: yes (default)

If I bring the server up, no mention is made in the error.log of suexec,
and no suexec log is created.  Also I get a complaint if I try to set a
SuexecUserGroup directive saying that that is only for suexec
servers.

I'm on Tru64 5.1A.  Any help very greatly appreciated.

Ann Cantelow