Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/09 08:25:22 UTC

make useJmx's value configurable?

Hi I am using ActiveMQ with Spring, and I seem not able to make useJmx
configurable

 <!--  lets create an embedded ActiveMQ Broker -->
  <amq:broker useJmx="${fdb.broker.useJmx}" persistent="false"
advisorySupport="false" >

I have other properties work fine except that line, any suggestion? must be
the xbean's issue?

here is error message:

SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of
class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionStoreException: Line
11 in XML document from class path resource
[com/fortinet/fortidb/applicationContext-activemq.xml] is invalid; nested
exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-datatype-valid.1.2.1:
'${fdb.broker.useJmx}' is not a valid value for 'boolean'.
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:404)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:342)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:310)

Thanks

-D

Re: make useJmx's value configurable?

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Thanks Gary for the detailed info.  Since i only need jmx at troubleshooting
time,
I will place my activemq spring file in the classpath loadit before the one
in my jar.

-Dan

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
the problem is that property substitutions are only valid in string
fields or CDATA fields. The schema validator is correctly more strict
for boolean attributes.

One option is to disable schema validation on your spring application
context if you have control over its instantiation.
The other is that we add a property editor to the boolean attributes
on BrokerService to have xbean produce a schema that requires a
string. This would require code change or course.

The  "activemq.xsd" schema that is resolved at runtime is contained in
the activemq-core jar,  and resolved via the embedded spring.schemas
indirection. As a workaround you could hack it to make that attribute
a string value.

2009/10/9 Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>:

> Hi I am using ActiveMQ with Spring, and I seem not able to make useJmx
> configurable
>
>  <!--  lets create an embedded ActiveMQ Broker -->
>  <amq:broker useJmx="${fdb.broker.useJmx}" persistent="false"
> advisorySupport="false" >
>

> I have other properties work fine except that line, any suggestion? must be
> the xbean's issue?
>
> here is error message:
>
> SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of
> class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
> org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionStoreException: Line
> 11 in XML document from class path resource
> [com/fortinet/fortidb/applicationContext-activemq.xml] is invalid; nested
> exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-datatype-valid.1.2.1:
> '${fdb.broker.useJmx}' is not a valid value for 'boolean'.
>        at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:404)
>        at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:342)
>        at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:310)
>

> Thanks
>
> -D

http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration