Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Antonio MourĂ£o <mo...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/11 16:14:44 UTC

Similarity Search on Cassandra

Hi devs,

I am a master degree student and i'm implementing Similarity Search on
Cassandra.
I have a short paper, but it is written in Portuguese, follow the link:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/309121006_Busca_por_Similaridade_no_CassandraDB
Currently i have to implement a new operator that represents the similarity
search, something like:

    select * from Table where PK SIMILARITY KEY;

This new operator will behave as a mix of direct search and range (or full)
search.
I already found where the parser is made and where the data is read in the
SSTables, but i can not find where the decision is made on which type of
search to use (direct or range/full).
I'm analyzing the code and debugging the execution, but i'm lost in the
queues of executions, after the system does the parser i can not find what
the next step.
Is there any documentation of the code or any guidance you can give me?

Best regards.