Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@antbuild.com> on 2003/07/30 20:51:17 UTC

gmane access to ant mailing lists

Hi,

I have noticed that it is not possible any more to access the ant mailing lists from the news.gmane.org server. They used to be accessible as gmane.comp.jakarta.ant.devel and gmane.comp.jakarta.ant.user.

Since today the user list is not available any more via this confortable interface. The development list had also vanished silently a week ago or so.

Is this a decision of gmane or of the ASF or specifically of the ant PMC ? Any specific reasons ?

I liked the gmane access, because sometimes posting through gmane is faster for me than emailing the list, and the nice thing is that you see the threads well in it.

Cheers,

Antoine

Re: gmane access to ant mailing lists

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote, On 30/07/2003 20.51:

> Hi,
>
> I have noticed that it is not possible any more to access the ant mailing lists from the news.gmane.org server. They used to be accessible as gmane.comp.jakarta.ant.devel and gmane.comp.jakarta.ant.user.
>
> Since today the user list is not available any more via this confortable interface. The development list had also vanished silently a week ago or so.
>
> Is this a decision of gmane or of the ASF or specifically of the ant PMC ? Any specific reasons ?
>
> I liked the gmane access, because sometimes posting through gmane is faster for me than emailing the list, and the nice thing is that you see the threads well in it.

I am sending this through gmane, and haven't had any problems.
The only thing is that I cannot post to the user list via gmane, but it
has always been like this...

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 04:51 am, Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:

> Is this a decision of gmane or of the ASF or specifically of the ant PMC ?
> Any specific reasons ?

Not of the Ant PMC, that is for sure.
Not of the ASF, at least nothing I have heard about.

Conor