Posted to users@maven.apache.org by John Patterson <jd...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/02 06:14:38 UTC

Missing SNAPSHOT jar

Hi,

I am a bit confused about deploying snapshots to my internal repository.
When I use the deploy:deploy-file command I get a  time-stamped jar uploaded
to the repository but no myproject-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.

Then when I 'mvn install' a project that depends on the snapshot I get an
error about the missing artifact.

Am I doing something obviously wrong here?

Thanks.

RE: Missing SNAPSHOT jar

Posted by John Patterson <jd...@gmail.com>.

Frank Adcock wrote:

> What do you have as your version and artifactId and groupId fields?

This is from the pom of the dependancy:

<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
	<groupId>com.mycompany</groupId>
	<artifactId>util</artifactId>
	<packaging>jar</packaging>
	<version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
	<name>util</name>

This is how I deployed it:

mvn deploy:deploy-file -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT
-Dfile=Development/util/target/util-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar -DgroupId=com.mycompany
-DartifactId=util -Durl=scp://myserver.co.uk/var/local/mvn/

RE: Missing SNAPSHOT jar

Posted by Frank Adcock <fr...@bushlife.com.au>.
What do you have as your version and artifactId and groupId fields?

> I am a bit confused about deploying snapshots to my internal repository.
> When I use the deploy:deploy-file command I get a  time-stamped jar
> uploaded to the repository but no myproject-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.
>
> Then when I 'mvn install' a project that depends on the snapshot I get an
> error about the missing artifact.
>
> Am I doing something obviously wrong here?
>
> Thanks.

Also, in the pom for the project I am building that depends on my snapshot I
include this:

	<repositories>
		<repository>
			<id>org.wicketstuff</id>
			<name>Wicket Stuff Repo</name>
			<url>http://wicketstuff.org/maven/repository</url>
			<snapshots>
				<enabled>true</enabled>
			</snapshots>
		</repository>
		<repository>
			<id>internal</id>
			<name>Internal repository</name>
			<url>http://myserver.co.uk/mvn</url>
			<snapshots>
				<enabled>true</enabled>
			</snapshots>
		</repository>
	</repositories>

I expected that maven would red the maven-metadata.xml file and determine
the correct jar to download.  Instead it seems to be looking for
xxx-SNAPSHOT.jar.

Thanks.

Re: Missing SNAPSHOT jar

Posted by John Patterson <jd...@gmail.com>.