Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/11 00:39:44 UTC

Restoring something like the svn browser

Today I tried to find where a bug reported against what I suspect is
DBCP 1.4 (I think that is likely what tomcat 7 pulls in) was fixed. It
appears to be fixed in the 1.5 branch, but it is impossible now to
actually see history via the browser.  The git browser has a "history"
link, but clicking it results in a permission error.  The release tags
for the 1.x releases appear to be gone as well.

The old svn browser is tantalizingly available, but just dead ends to a
link saying dbcp has moved to git.  Is there any way we can make the svn
browser available to see the old tags and revision history?

Phil

Re: Restoring something like the svn browser

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

I was able to see history both ways and found the tags under "releases"

Phil

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 11 Oct 2019 at 01:39, Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Today I tried to find where a bug reported against what I suspect is
> DBCP 1.4 (I think that is likely what tomcat 7 pulls in) was fixed. It
> appears to be fixed in the 1.5 branch, but it is impossible now to
> actually see history via the browser.  The git browser has a "history"
> link, but clicking it results in a permission error.  The release tags
> for the 1.x releases appear to be gone as well.

There is an issue with gibox permissions.
Try using GitHub instead: