Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Piper Piper <pi...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/20 21:48:08 UTC

Dynamically creating new Task Managers in YARN

Hi,

How can I make Flink's Resource Manager request YARN to spin up new (or
destroy/reclaim existing) TaskManagers in YARN containers?

Preferably at runtime (i.e. dynamically).

Thank you

Piper

Re: Dynamically creating new Task Managers in YARN

Posted by Piper Piper <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yang,

Session mode is working exactly as you described. No exceptions.

Thank you!

Piper

Posted by Yang Wang <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Piper,

Posted by Piper Piper <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hello Yang,

Posted by Yang Wang <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Piper,

Posted by Piper Piper <pi...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, I will check it out.

Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi Piper,

--
Best, Jingsong Lee

Re: Dynamically creating new Task Managers in YARN

Posted by Piper Piper <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jingsong,

Thank you for your reply!

Posted by vino yang <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jingsong,

Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi Piper and Vino:

Current Flink version, the resources of Flink Session cluster
are unrestricted, which means if the requested resources exceed the
resources owned by the current session, it will apply to the RM of yarn for
new resources.
And if TaskManager is idle for too long, JM will release it to yarn. This
behavior is controlled by resourcemanager.taskmanager-timeout . You can set
a suitable value for it to enjoy the benefits of reuse process and dynamic
resources.

From this point of view, I think session mode is a good choice.

--
Best, Jingsong Lee

Re: Dynamically creating new Task Managers in YARN

Posted by vino yang <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi Piper,

Posted by Piper Piper <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vino,