Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Andy Jefferson <an...@jpox.org> on 2005/12/13 13:23:23 UTC

Subversion

Since "Apache JDO" is no longer in this incubator thing, does this mean that
the following is still valid for checking out ?

svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/jdo

Just that I get (and have for the last 5 hours), some silly response about
unable to contact "svn.apache.org".

This is always assuming that this message even makes it to the jdo-dev mailing
list since it usually takes several hours for Apache's servers to accept it.

--
Andy

Re: Subversion

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi,

What will happen is that at some point soon, the repository will be
changed, leaving the old repository in place.

When this happens, we will publicize it and hopefully lock the
incubator repo so that no more checkins will be done to the incubator
alias.

The idea is that we will do an svn cp from svn.apache.org/repos/asf/
incubator/jdo to svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/jdo and this will "just
work". Both repos will continue to be available but checkins will
only be allowed to the db repo.

I'll send more details when I can get them.

Craig

On Dec 13, 2005, at 11:15 AM, Michael Bouschen wrote:

> Hi Andy,
>
>> Since "Apache JDO" is no longer in this incubator thing, does this
>> mean that the following is still valid for checking out ?
>>
>> svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/jdo
> good question! I'm still using the above url. But you are right
> this might change as part of JDO leaving the incubator.
>
>> Just that I get (and have for the last 5 hours), some silly
>> response about unable to contact "svn.apache.org".
>>
> Yes, I had problems accessing the repositoty, too. It is now
> working again.
>

>> This is always assuming that this message even makes it to the jdo-
>> dev mailing list since it usually takes several hours for Apache's
>> servers to accept it.
>>

> Regards Michael
>
> --
> Michael Bouschen		Tech@Spree Engineering GmbH