Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Neil Henderson <ne...@softtech.co.nz> on 2001/07/16 04:32:01 UTC

RE: How do we win?

I agree with the last few posts.

I'm sure we'd all love to have a discussion about how to make things better
and actually "discuss" (discuss that is, as opposed to arguing about who's
best) things on the forum.

I lurk around on here as i'm mainly involved in the html presentation layer
but i do read most of the other posts. I have got sick of reading comments
that are just saying "I think my view is the right one, and as you disagree
i'll slag you off abit". Which is pretty much whats happened. And who cares
if someone

I don't think there's a single person on the list that will object ot
"Useful" discussion on any topic related to Velocity but just argueing as to
who's best is stupid and just goes to annoy everyone.

This has got way too out of hand for it's own good.

I suspect people are just continuing this out of wanting to be annoying to
the other person now though.

Well thats my rant over with. I've just added my one post to the long line
of posts about this topic. You never know we might actually have a question
about Veocity come along soon aswell:)

NEIL

Re: Multiple Engine Enhancement RE: How do we win?

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
"Geir Magnusson Jr." wrote:

> David Rees wrote:

Sheesh.  /whiteboard/geir.

System and Software Consulting

Re: Multiple Engine Enhancement RE: How do we win?

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
David Rees wrote:

> [...]

No - it's in whitespace/geir.  There is a src tgz and a binary jar.  I
don't want to check it (broad changes... big pain to back out...) in in
case it doesn't work or people don't like the approach.

Give it a whirl...

Posted by David Rees <dr...@ebetinc.com>.

-Dave

Re: How do we win?

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
David Rees wrote:

> [...]

I would like to see us go to a 1.2 to release the multiple engine
support if it's what people want and like, and the solution is deemed
satisfactory.

There are a few other little nips and tucks, and of course more
documentation, but I think that the engines thing is the biggie.  I know
that Jason and fellow Turbiners are going to need it for the
2.2/3.0/whatever-they-decide-to-call-it, so getting that put to bed
might be good to focus on.

Funny - I just got out of bed to come into my office here and ask now
that our weekly gratuitous slugfest is over, anyone have any comments
about the multiple engine version?

:)

RE: How do we win?

Posted by David Rees <dr...@ebetinc.com>.

Whenever a new release of Velocity is made, we all win.  ;-)

-Dave