Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Jiří Kovalský <ji...@oracle.com> on 2019/03/20 21:40:23 UTC

Apache NetBeans IDE 11.0 Community Acceptance Survey

Hello NetBeans community,

      Apache NetBeans IDE 11.0 Vote Candidate (VC) 4 [1] build has been
published [1] and so the time for the final Community Acceptance survey
[2] has come too. The essential purpose of this survey is to find out if
NetBeans community accepts the latest VC build as ready for GA or not.
Please note that this poll is not about Apache NetBeans IDE 11.0 sources
but about its functionality and behavior.

      [1]
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/netbeans/incubating-netbeans/incubating-11.0-vc4/incubating-netbeans-11.0-vc4-bin.zip
      [2] https://goo.gl/forms/5bNWPBtOJYD2yGMX2

      This is a very important milestone of the release cycle so we turn
to you - NetBeans users - with request for help. Please download this
Vote Candidate, edit your Java/HTML/JavaScript/PHP sources, debug the
code, try refactoring features, deploy to Tomcat/GlassFish, simply test
your typical use cases and once you gain a solid opinion about the VC
build please take this short survey. It will stay open until Sunday -
March 24th midnight last timezone. In spite of that please complete the
survey as soon as you can.

Thanks for your cooperation and feedback!
--
Best regards,
Jiří Kovalský

Re: Apache NetBeans IDE 11.0 Community Acceptance Survey

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Hi all!

We're super focused on getting the release out the door and tightening
various processes, getting things done as efficiently as possible -- and
hence we really would like to move on to the IPMC vote (i.e., out of the
PPMC, which is the Apache NetBeans project management committee and up to
the next level, the Incubator project management committee) on Monday
morning.

Therefore, please, fill in the survey because from that we can assess
whether any blockers remain. Yes, many other issues will remain for us to
work on, and we should focus on them strongly for the next release, and
less on new features, but for the moment we need you to indicate (and
ideally not) of any blockers that remain, hence the community survey below.

Fill it in please, we need your feedback.

Thanks,

Gj

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Hi all!