Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Ro...@ingres.com> on 2011/06/15 00:53:22 UTC

Question about mouse location

Question: if I have a button (for instance) which when pressed opens a
dialog such that this dialog is positioned right where the button is, so
that it obscures the button, should there be any component on the new
dialog that has "isMouseOver()" true (without moving the mouse after the
dialog opens)?  It seems like there isn't any until the mouse moves,
although I haven't conclusively proven that.  But, should the
dialog/window "open" trigger a pseudo-mouse move so that the component
now under the mouse has its "mouseLocation" set?  Or am I asking too
much??  Thanks.

Roger Whitcomb

Architect, Engineering

Ingres Corporation

roger.whitcomb@ingres.com <ma...@ingres.com>

PHONE +1 650.587.5596

FAX +1 650.587.5550

www.ingres.com <http://www.ingres.com/>

This transmission is confidential and intended solely for the use of the
recipient named above. It may contain confidential, proprietary, or
legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
transmission in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and
delete the original transmission and all copies from your system.

RE: Question about mouse location

Posted by "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Ro...@ingres.com>.
I will work on it.  Thanks.

Roger Whitcomb | Architect, Engineering | Roger.Whitcomb@ingres.com
<ma...@ingres.com> | Ingres | 500 Arguello Street |
Suite 200 | Redwood City | CA | 94063 | USA
<http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=500+Arguello+Street+%7C
+Suite+200+%7C+Redwood+City+%7C+CA+%7C+94063+%7C+USA+&sll=37.0625,-95.67
7068&sspn=50.557552,73.037109&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr>  | +1
650-587-5596 | fax: +1 650-587-5550

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.

Posted by "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Ro...@ingres.com>.
That works better.  The only glitch now is if the component that falls
under the mouse location has a non-default cursor (i.e., different than
the window).  The mouse cursor is not set to the component's cursor.
This is evident in my tests if I hover over the LinkButton (giving the
hand / finger cursor), click on it to bring up the dialog and don't move
the mouse.  The cursor (more or less) correctly becomes the default over
the new dialog window.  Type something and hit Enter on the dialog.  The
dialog closes and the cursor is still over the LinkButton, but the
cursor is now the default instead of the "hand" it should be.  Moving
the mouse will then set it right.

Thanks for looking at this!

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.
Can you try this patch?

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.
Oh, I think I understand. It stays the same as it was over the button (HAND). OK, so that won't fix the problem.

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Roger and Beth Whitcomb <Ro...@rbwhitcomb.com>.

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.