Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org> on 2007/05/31 20:45:07 UTC

Re: com/oracle/ojdbc14 where are Oracle driver jars?

what about they are a commercial product that is not free

On 5/31/07, SiSi'mon <s_...@purpleblade.net> wrote:

> Does anyone know why there are no jars under
>
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/oracle/ojdbc14/10.2.0.2.0/
>
> also how would one go about getting 10.1.0.2.0 jars there?
>
> thanks
>

> Si'mon

I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.
                             -- The Princess Bride

Re: com/oracle/ojdbc14 where are Oracle driver jars?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
It would certainly be nice if Oracle would copy similar moves by Sun,
JBoss, etc and make their own repository where they could host various
artifacts such as these. (Assuming of course their own licensing etc
would permit such an approach.)

Of course, Sun and JBoss are just hosting open source jars (CDDL and
GPL etc), so it is probably not worth holding your breath waiting for
Oracle to do this, considering it seems unlikely that they will open
source the Oracle driver jars any time soon. (Although in my opinion
this seems like a very reasonable thing to do, but what do I know...)

Wayne

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by mfs <fa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by mfs <fa...@gmail.com>.
Any follow up on this ?

Posted by SiSi'mon <s_...@purpleblade.net>.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by SiSi'mon <s_...@purpleblade.net>.
and going through legal at Oracle is trivial?  With lawyers I am surprised
anything at all this world is actually allowed to move.

Si'mon

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by SiSi'mon <s_...@purpleblade.net>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by SiSi'mon <s_...@purpleblade.net>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by SiSi'mon <s_...@purpleblade.net>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
SiSi'mon wrote:
> Does Oracle run a maven2 repository we can get them from?

No, you need to download them and install them in your local repo.
Please see:

http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-3rd-party-jars-local.html

> thanks
>
> Si'mon
>

> Carlos Sanchez-4 wrote:
>> what about they are a commercial product that is not free
>>
>> On 5/31/07, SiSi'mon <s_...@purpleblade.net> wrote:
>>> Does anyone know why there are no jars under
>>>
>>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/oracle/ojdbc14/10.2.0.2.0/
>>>
>>> also how would one go about getting 10.1.0.2.0 jars there?
>>>
>>> thanks
>>>

>>> Si'mon
>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
>> No good. I've known too many Spaniards.
>>                              -- The Princess Bride

Dennis Lundberg

RE: com/oracle/ojdbc14 where are Oracle driver jars?

Posted by "Murugan, Vellaichamy" <ve...@firstam.com>.
Hi,
I think we can download the jar from this url and install it manually in
your repository.
http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/index.html
Regard's
Murugan

Carlos Sanchez-4 wrote:

> what about they are a commercial product that is not free
>
> On 5/31/07, SiSi'mon <s_...@purpleblade.net> wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone know why there are no jars under
>>
>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/oracle/ojdbc14/10.2.0.2.0/
>>
>> also how would one go about getting 10.1.0.2.0 jars there?
>>
>> thanks
>>

>> Si'mon
>> --

>                              -- The Princess Bride

This message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is legally privileged.  If you are not the addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message by mistake, please immediately notify us by replying to the message and delete the original message immediately thereafter.

Thank you.

                                   FADLD Tag

Re: com/oracle/ojdbc14 where are Oracle driver jars?

Posted by SiSi'mon <s_...@purpleblade.net>.