Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by "K, Amit (MIND)" <Am...@mind-infotech.com> on 2017/11/30 06:25:29 UTC

RE: Warning!!!PossibleSpam Re: Regarding JIRA - OPENMEETINGS-1715 OM Version 4.0.0

Dear Maxim,

I pulled the latest version of OM and test the recording part of application and feel one old issue is creating problem again.

Scenario to replicate is the same like before :

1.       Start Recording.

2.       After few minutes , just click on “Exist” button.

3.       Recording stopped successfully.

4.       Now go to “/hibernate” directory and I saw “*.mp4” file is created there but it was only of few KBs  only in size (50-60 KBs).

5.       When I tried to open it (In media player or in VLC player) it show that some process using this file so not able to open.

6.       Now just stop the red5 server or go to task manager and kill  java process.

7.       Now I saw full size “*.mp4” file created immediately as java killed and runs very well.

So the issue what I feel is- It is stuck somewhere in JVM and not able to create full size “*.mp4” but as java killed then full size “*.mp4” is created successfully and runs in VLC well.

Can you please have look.

Thanks,
Amit

One more thing I noticed while exiting by “Exit” button click- To reproduce steps are below:

1.       Start Recording.

2.       After few minutes , just click on “Exist” button.

3.       Recording stopped successfully.

4.       Now go to “/hibernate” directory and I saw “*.mp4” file is created there but it was only of few KBs  only in size (50-60 KBs).

5.       When I tried to open it (In media player or in VLC player) it show that some process using this file so not able to open.

6.       Now just stop the red5 server or go to task manager and kill  java process.

7.       Now I saw full size “*.mp4” file created immediately as java killed and runs very well.

So the conclusion is- It is stuck somewhere in JVM and not able to create full size “*.mp4” but as java killed then full size “*.mp4” is created successfully and runs in VLC well.

Thanks,
Amit

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Amit,

sometimes ffmpeg "hangs" during convertion ... You can contact ffmpeg
developers with this
or set OM conversion timeout to lower value

PS could you please tune your email client to NOT add "Warning!!!PossibleSp
am" to the title?