Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Bala Nemani <bn...@khameleonsoftware.com> on 2001/08/20 19:51:32 UTC

Tomcat on Windows vs. Unix

	Hi:

Re: Tomcat on Windows vs. Unix

Posted by mailtracker <ma...@mac.com>.
1.  keep in mind the differences in naming conventions on Windows and Unix:
backslashes and forward slashes, case-sensitivity, end-of-line
characters....
(files created on Windows, if not transferred properly, will appear on Unix
with every line terminated with a "^M")

2. Why not use the latest release version of Tomcat, 3.2.3?  Is there a
compelling reason to stay with the 3.1 branch?