Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Vikas <vi...@infravio.com> on 2006/01/26 14:48:42 UTC

  <ant__> hi guys
 <Soumadeep> Hi... seems like not many people around :-)
 <pvikas> hi Soumadeep/ant/sanjiva
 <Soumadeep> Vikas... should we discuss the data structure for the mediator
config file
 <pvikas> nice idea..Ant here would be interested in it...
 <pvikas> lets wait for a few more mins for others to come...
 -->| dbrossar (i=dbrossar@193.113.58.209) has joined #apache-synapse
 <dbrossar> Hi fellows
 <pvikas> hi david
 <Soumadeep> hi david
 <dbrossar> I tried to install Synapse... I failed :-(
 <Soumadeep> what error are you getting
 <dbrossar> well it says it can't find the axis2 libraries
 <pvikas> you tried building from source or tried the binary?
 <dbrossar> from the svn sources
 <dbrossar> using the bin\synapse.bat file
 <pvikas> so it build fine?
 <dbrossar> I don't quite understand it... It doesn't seem to match the user
guide
 <dbrossar> no
 <pvikas> wait..
 <dbrossar> thanks
 <pvikas> 1) you checked out the source from SVN?
 <dbrossar> yes the whole project
 <dbrossar> (trunk and the rest)
 <Soumadeep> did you do maven dist-bin
 <dbrossar> do I have to use maven?
 <pvikas> oops...
 <Soumadeep> yup..
 <dbrossar> no I didn't
 <dbrossar> so I need to install maven beforehand
 <dbrossar> let me try that
 <Soumadeep> yeah...you need it...
 <Soumadeep> I think the user guide says that you need to have maven...
 <Soumadeep> let me check though
 <pvikas> so the steps are - 1) You get the source code
                2) you do a maven task on it
                3) extract the binary
                4) run Synapse
 <dbrossar> well the user guide has 2 ways
 <Soumadeep> So all the the required libs will be checked out for you...
 <dbrossar> ooooh, so it's maven that fetches all the libraries needed (eg
axis2?)
 <pvikas> ya, it does
 <dbrossar> thanks
 <pvikas> in case you don't wanna build, you can get the binary from
http://www.apache.org/dist/ws/synapse/M1/
 <dbrossar> great! I'll try it both ways to make sure I understand them
fully
 <Soumadeep> :-)
 <pvikas> that would be good, we will wait for your feedback
 <dbrossar> will do
 -->| Hariharasudhan (n=hari@220.225.137.194) has joined #apache-synapse
 <pvikas> hey, Ant/Sanjiva.. u guys there?
 <Hariharasudhan> hi guys soory iam late .. hope i missed a lot
 <ant__> yes i'm here
 <pvikas> [hari] you didn't miss much
 -->| saminda (n=saminda@222.165.179.53) has joined #apache-synapse
 <Hariharasudhan> so vikas what's today's topic
 <Soumadeep> [Saminda] we are testing the data structure util for mediator
config...
 <Soumadeep> hopefully we will send it to you soon
 <ant__> can you tell us more about that?
 <pvikas> that would help us standarize the object model for passing
properties and parameters across mediators.
 <pvikas> ofcourse ant..
 <Soumadeep> yeah sure...it's more or less based on the composite pattern...
such as a folder having a folder or file
 <pvikas> so the folder here is equivalent ot a complex object and the files
are equated to a generic object which has values...
 <Soumadeep> this way the config files for the mediator will be
standardized...
 <Soumadeep> that's the purpose...
 <pvikas> and they would all finally be represented using one complex
object.. just like a whole file-system boils down to a root
 <Soumadeep> We call the base object as BusinessObject which extends
Hashtable, and it has a hastable which stores chil businessObject
 <Soumadeep> and the hashtable stores attributes
 <Soumadeep> [Ant]any thoughts ?
 <pvikas> we could have utility methods to search and traverse the objects..
 <Hariharasudhan> seems to be a good idea
 <Hariharasudhan> +!
 <Hariharasudhan> sorry +1
 <pvikas> whats your take on this, Saminda?
 <ant__> there's one of these per Synapse instance or multiple trees?
 <Soumadeep> It's very generic and can be used anywhere...
 <Soumadeep> We were planning just to use it for mediators...
 <pvikas> we either create build the business object once and use it across
multiple instances as and when they happen or let every instance have one of
its own...
 <Soumadeep> It's more of an xml representation in an object
 <pvikas> [Ant]isn't this more implementation specific and not related to
the model itself
 <ant__> ok. - its for passing parameters across mediators, was try to
understand that bit
 <Soumadeep> yes... but can be used for other purposes too...
 <Soumadeep> :-)
 <pvikas> not just that.. thats one of the things..its basically for
representing the propertis and parameters
 <pvikas> the parameters and properties in synapse.xml and other xmls that
we would use could also be converted to business objects..
 <pvikas> so once a business object for a property or parameter is build, we
can actually ref to it from a mediator.. similar to the ref processor we
have now..
 <Soumadeep> Another advantage is the translator within the
BusinessObject... you can convert it to any format by providing an xslt
 <ant__> sounds useful, definately need a way to configre mediators with
parameters and properties
 <pvikas> So we basically define a xml fragment for a property/parameter in
the Synapse.xml at global level and then use < property (or) parameter
ref="the name"/> in the mediator
 <pvikas> the same can be done across multiple mediaotrs...
 <dbrossar> guys gotta go, sorry... I'll keep you posted about my progress
with installing / running Synapse
 <pvikas> fell free..
 <pvikas> feel free
 <dbrossar> :-) see you
 <--| dbrossar has left #apache-synapse
 <Soumadeep> [Ant] check this xml file...
 <Soumadeep> <BusinessObject name="slaConfig">
 <Soumadeep> <BusinessObject name="slaRequest1">
 <Soumadeep> <attribute name="ip" type="STRING">192.168.6.71</attribute>
 <Soumadeep> <attribute name="enabled" type="BOOLEAN">true</attribute>
 <Soumadeep> <BusinessObject name="serviceURL1">
 <Soumadeep> <attribute name="url"
type="STRING">http://www.webservicex.net/stockquote.asmx</attribute>
 <Soumadeep> <attribute name="enabled" type="BOOLEAN">true</attribute>
 <Soumadeep> <attribute name="priority" type="INTEGER">0</attribute>
 <Soumadeep> </BusinessObject>
 <Soumadeep> </BusinessObject>
 <Soumadeep> </BusinessObject>
 <Soumadeep> Hope it's not garbled :-)
 <Soumadeep> Anyways... gotta go... do think over it...
 <Soumadeep> bye
 <--| Soumadeep has left #apache-synapse
 <--| Hariharasudhan has left #apache-synapse
 <pvikas> Bye Ant
 <ant__> ok. looks good anyway, we can chat about this further on the
mailing list