Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/16 07:41:27 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] RewriteBase is not working in apache configuration file

What are the rewrite rules you have put in the main config file? Do you have
"RewriteEngine On" statement first?

Posted by "J. Bakshi" <jo...@infoservices.in>.
Igor Cicimov wrote:
> What are the rewrite rules you have put in the main config file? Do
> you have "RewriteEngine On" statement first?

Yes, I have the statement already there. Here is my config

````
Alias /personal/joydeep  /var/personal_work_area/joydeep

        <Directory /var/personal_work_area/joydeep/>
        RewriteEngine On
        RewriteBase /personal/joydeep/test

                AllowOverride All
                Order allow,deny
                allow from all
        </Directory>
````

and .htaccess ( ilocated at /personal/joydeep/test) is

````
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^alice.html$ bob.html
````

I have checked that RewriteBase is working perfectly when placed in
.htaccess. When I have placed it in apache configuration the sites stops
working as it then trying to access  /var/www

> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 3:27 PM, J. Bakshi <joydeep@infoservices.in
> <ma...@infoservices.in>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     RewriteBase is working perfectly OK in .htaccess but not in apache
>     configuration file.  Do we need any special syntax to make it
>     working in
>     apache configuration file ?
>
>     Thanks
>
>     --