Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Brian Bonner <bk...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/11 22:25:45 UTC

Running commons-attributes under Maven2 with antrun plugin

I'm trying to run the commons-attributes attribute compiler.

I have commons-attribute and the common-attributes-api as dependencies:

<dependency>
			<groupId>commons-attributes</groupId>
			<artifactId>commons-attributes-api</artifactId>
			<version>2.1</version>
		</dependency>
<dependency>
			<groupId>commons-attributes</groupId>
			<artifactId>commons-attributes-compiler</artifactId>
			<version>2.1</version>
		</dependency>

And I've added the following plugin config in pom.xml, which I'm
modifying from the commons-attribute example at:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/attributes/ant_demo/build.xml

			<!--  using antrun temporarily to call the commons-attributes -->
			<plugin>
				<executions>
					<execution>
						<phase>generate-sources</phase>
						<configuration>
							<tasks>
								<taskdef resource="org/apache/commons/attributes/anttasks.properties" />
								<attribute-compiler destdir=".">
									<fileset dir="." includes="*.java" />
								</attribute-compiler>
								<javac srcdir="." destdir="${basedir}" deprecation="true"
debug="true" classpath="${ant.home}/lib/commons-attributes-api-2.1.jar;."
optimize="false"></javac>
								<java classpath="${ant.home}/lib/commons-attributes-api-2.1.jar;."
classname="AttributeDemo" />
							</tasks>
						</configuration>
						<goals>
							<goal>run</goal>
						</goals>
					</execution>
				</executions>
			</plugin>

However, I'm getting errors saying it can't find the task.  I realize
that my classpath is probably incorrect, but I"m not sure what to set
it to to include the classpath dependencies.  I've looked here
(http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven/components/trunk/maven-core/src/main/resources/META-INF/maven/plugin-expressions/)
for the plugin expressions, but I'm just not getting it.

Can anyone suggest how to get the dependency classpath that I can use in antrun?

Brian

Re: Running commons-attributes under Maven2 with antrun plugin

Posted by Brian Bonner <bk...@gmail.com>.
After some searching I found that the antrun plugin exposes
maven.dependency.classpath to ant as a ref. It can be referenced with:
<property name="depClasspath" refid="maven.dependency.classpath" />
Brian

Posted by Brian Bonner <bk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brian Bonner <bk...@gmail.com>.