Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/04 20:31:22 UTC

Build & Release

Hi guys,

I'm going to build a new release candidate for ODE, fixing the few problems
here and there that were still pending on RC1. I've switched to our rake /
buildr based build for the release simply because Maven2 is so unmanageable.
So all our releases are built with buildr (which does the job quite well).

I'm thinking that we should actually use buildr as our default build system
for ODE. We'll have to support our releases for some time (I'm thinking of
the source release here) and I'm very uncomfortable doing so with Maven2. It
just breaks too easily.

Any objection? Somebody who's such a Maven2 lover that he's willing to
maintain the Maven2 build?

Cheers,
Matthieu

Re: Build & Release

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
+0
I must admit I have not tried buildr yet, but I trust you guys if you say it
works :-)
... and I don't think maintaining 2 build systems is a good idea.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Build & Release

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
+1

I think we should remove the Maven2 poms from the trunk, if only because
leaving them leads people to trying it first and we already know it's not
exactly a positive experience.

alex

Re: Build & Release

Posted by Paul Brown <pa...@gmail.com>.