Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by tison <wa...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/28 09:19:36 UTC

[RFR] Issue triaging contribution guide

Hi,

I squashed over 1000 stale issues and PRs in Dec. 2022. During the work, I
notice that the community may lack some written guides for issue triaging,
and even if a contributor is willing to help, he/she doesn't know what to
do but just leave it as is.

I wrote a draft for this case[1]. It encourages contributors to do basic
classification and encourages committers to close issues as not planned
when it's the case.

Moving forward a valid issue requires knowledge and time, but by sharing &
aligning issue triage patterns, we can reduce a few engineering loss.

Best,
tison.

[1] https://github.com/apache/pulsar-site/pull/485

Re: [RFR] Issue triaging contribution guide

Posted by tison <wa...@gmail.com>.
Added.

I'm going to merge it later since we sooner or later need to talk about how
to triage issues. Comments after merging are always welcome.

Best,
tison.

tison <wa...@gmail.com> 于2023年4月1日周六 09:35写道:

Posted by tison <wa...@gmail.com>.