Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Guilherme Carvalho <gc...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/19 16:12:28 UTC

Captcha on guacamole login

Hello guys, i have a doubt, is it possible to setup a Captcha on the first
login page?? I´m using LDAP + TOTP, but the problems is, if somebody tried
to connect many times with an user on the guacamole, this account got
blocked on the AD, so many services will stop and i couldn´t connect.

What could be done to prevent this??

Thanks

Re: Captcha on guacamole login

Posted by ivanmarcus <iv...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Bad form replying to my own post I know but just in case, for the
eagle-eyed, you will see the plots I included weren't actually for
Guacamole.

The reason for that is simply that while my Guacamole VM's do have
fail2ban (and recidive) operational I don't plot their fail2ban data
over time.

Obviously I do for postfix and the plots I included were intended simply
to show the effect of recidive. Presently I have no blacklisted hosts on
Guacamole, partly due to some other measures in use, nevertheless I
consider fail2ban an important tool in protecting the system(s).

Posted by ivanmarcus <iv...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Guilherme Carvalho <gc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.