Posted to builds@apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/21 13:01:54 UTC

[buildbot] Change display from default 'compile' / 'compiling' / 'compile failed'

Buildbot jobs tend to use a lot of 'compile' steps to run Ant targets;
however, not all such targets are compile phases.

It would be nice to be able to change the text that is displayed in
the logs, so it is obvious what the step is without having to look at
the log.

Is this possible?

Re: [buildbot] Change display from default 'compile' / 'compiling' / 'compile failed'

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 8 December 2011 08:21, Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au> wrote:

> [...]

OK.

Perhaps the authors will provide such an enhancement in future, as is
would be useful for complicated jobs with multiple real compiles ...

> Luckily ShellCommand provides a description and descriptionDone which gets
> displayed. Technically you don't need
> Compile anyway so please see  r799926 where I went ahead and changed it all
> around. Your next build should be a
> bit more useful. Feel free to tweak as necessary.

Thanks.

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 21 November 2011 12:01, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Buildbot jobs tend to use a lot of 'compile' steps to run Ant targets;
> however, not all such targets are compile phases.
>
> It would be nice to be able to change the text that is displayed in
> the logs, so it is obvious what the step is without having to look at
> the log.
>
> Is this possible?

Ping - anyone?