Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/27 00:35:15 UTC

Re: [ApacheDS] How i can get a list of entries with an specific attribute from ApacheDS?

Hi legolas,

this is very simple : use a filter in your search. The following page
is pretty explicit about this basic LDAP feature :
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/242-ldap-operations-searching.html

If you are using JNDI, just read these pages :
http://java.sun.com/products/jndi/tutorial/basics/directory/search.html
and the following.

Hope it helps.
Emmanuel

On 8/27/07, legolas wood <le...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> Thank you for reading my post
> I need to write an application which should be able to extract some
> entries with specific attribute values from ApacheDS.
> I do not know where to start and how does the application look like.
> Is there any sample code which shows how to connect to ApacheDS from java
> code and retrieve a list of entries by performing a search?
>
> Thanks

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com