Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/04 10:51:55 UTC

Groovlets and Groovy Server Pages

Hi all,

Starting with Groovy 1.6 RC1, the groovy-all.jar may directly be
installed in to the Sling OSGi framework to enable Groovy scripting.
This is great and works perfectly.

Now, there are also Groovlets and Groovy Server Pages. These are not
supported yet, directly.

How about creating a ScriptEngineFactory, which supports these by
treating scripts with the ".groovlet" extension as Groovlets and scripts
with the ".gsp" extension as Groovy Server Pages.

Is this something, which has a place here at Sling or should we get the
Groovy people to include that ?

Regards
Felix

Re: Groovlets and Groovy Server Pages

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 10:51 AM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...How about creating a ScriptEngineFactory, which supports these by
> treating scripts with the ".groovlet" extension as Groovlets and scripts
> with the ".gsp" extension as Groovy Server Pages....

+1

> ...Is this something, which has a place here at Sling or should we get the
> Groovy people to include that ?...

If they have to do it, does it just mean that they need to list the
gsp and groovlet extensions in their script engine bundle, or is there
more to that?

If the changes are of general interest, I think it would be better for
them to make those changes.

-Bertrand