Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Bryan Li <br...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/29 19:26:55 UTC

Record Throughput to File

Hi all,

I'm trying to automate a daily performance test and record the throughput.
I've been using the Summary Report element to capture the throughput during
manual performance tests, and write the Summary Report results to a CSV
file. However, I've been trying basically all possible combination in the
jmeter.properties to configure JMeter to save the throughput but it just
wouldn't. Is there a way I can save the throughput to a file? Or maybe I'm
just using the wrong listener?

Thanks,
Bryan

Re: Record Throughput to File

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 02/11/2007, Bryan Li <br...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Or, can I write a listener or some sort of plug in to
> > > extract it myself? I mean, the throughput IS available on the Summary
> > Report
> > > listener right?
> >
> > Yes, the Summary Report calculates the throughput.
> > It uses the same data as is saved to the file, so you can calculate it
> > yourself...
>

> Right now I'm saving the summary report to a CSV file and basically count
> the requests (or lines) that went through and calculate the throughput by
> dividing the total successful requests by the test duration. This seems to
> be working fine. However, the data file seems to get ridiculously big if I
> let the test run for an extensive amount of time. Is there a way to group
> all requests saved in the data file, like how the repeating requests are
> grouped and displayed in the Summary Report element?

Sorry, no.

Re: Record Throughput to File

Posted by Bryan Li <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 01/11/2007, Bryan Li <br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you know if the next release of JMeter will be able to record the
> throughput to a file?

No plans at present.

Posted by Bryan Li <br...@gmail.com>.
Do you know if the next release of JMeter will be able to record the
throughput to a file? Or, can I write a listener or some sort of plug in to

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.