Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Xh <xh...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2007/09/07 22:14:07 UTC

G2.0.1 @Stateless and @Stateful name parameter ignored?

Hi All!

I've encountered a strange thing.
I've noticed that all @State*(name="Name") definitions are ignored by Geronimo 2.0.1.
Application deploys successfully, but in JNDI Viewer there are no session beans.

Simple:

@Stateless(name = "ModuleProxy")
public class ModuleProxyBean implements ModuleProxy {
}

doesn't not work, but this:

@Stateless
 public class ModuleProxyBean implements ModuleProxy {
 }

works.

After removing name definition and redeploying application I can see in JNDI Viewer my bean.
Also, I can look it up in JNDI with this string (note the full class name ModuleProxyBean):
DataWeaver2EnterpriseProxyModule.jar/ModuleProxyBean/org.xh.dataweaver.interfaces.ejb.ModuleProxy

Has somebody else experienced this? Is it normal Geronimo behaviour?

best regards
Ɓukasz

Re: G2.0.1 @Stateless and @Stateful name parameter ignored?

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Sep 7, 2007, at 1:14 PM, Xh wrote:

> Hi All!
>
> I've encountered a strange thing.
> I've noticed that all @State*(name="Name") definitions are ignored
> by Geronimo 2.0.1.
> Application deploys successfully, but in JNDI Viewer there are no
> session beans.
>
> Simple:
>
> @Stateless(name = "ModuleProxy")
> public class ModuleProxyBean implements ModuleProxy {
> }
>
> doesn't not work, but this:
>
> @Stateless
>  public class ModuleProxyBean implements ModuleProxy {
>  }
>
> works.
>
> After removing name definition and redeploying application I can
> see in JNDI Viewer my bean.
> Also, I can look it up in JNDI with this string (note the full
> class name ModuleProxyBean):
> DataWeaver2EnterpriseProxyModule.jar/ModuleProxyBean/
> org.xh.dataweaver.interfaces.ejb.ModuleProxy
>
> Has somebody else experienced this? Is it normal Geronimo behaviour?

The 'name' attribute of @Stateless, @Stateful, and @MessageDriven is
definitely used in the code and tested for.  Maybe there's another
issue going on.  When you say there are no session beans in the JNDI
Viewer, that would seem to imply a different issue such as the bean
not getting deployed at all.

-David