Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by socke <so...@web.de> on 2006/01/05 16:28:44 UTC

how to modify a svg displayed svgcanvas

hello everybody,

i have a "map.svg"  file displayed in a jsvgcanvas.how can i add the following xml code (point.svg), which describes a point and a text, into the xml code of "map.svg", or how can i connect these two files together ?

<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">
     <ellipse cx="50" cy="50" rx="20" ry="20" style="fill: #F00">
     </ellipse>
          <text x="13" y="54" style="fill: #F090; font-size: 14px">
               Source!
          </text>
</svg>

Regards ,
Freddy

Re: how to modify a svg displayed svgcanvas

Posted by Andreas Neumann <ne...@karto.baug.ethz.ch>.
Hi,

in Batik, there are several options to link the files together.

You may linke the second file into the first file using an image tag
(that way you don't have full access on the second files DOM).

You can link to fragments of the second file using and id and a
URL/Fragment identifier.

You may load the second file into the first file using the getURL
mechanism (both with ECMAScript and Java) and append the content into
the DOM of the first file, once you got the data.

Finally, I am pretty sure that Java offers numerous other networking and
file loading options that allow to load a chunk of a file and append it
to the DOM of the first file.

It depends a bit on your envisaged approach and whether you need full
access to the DOM or not.

Andreas

socke wrote:

> hello everybody,
>
> i have a "map.svg"  file displayed in a jsvgcanvas.how can i add the
> following xml code (point.svg), which describes a point and a text,
> into the xml code of "map.svg", or how can i connect these two files
> together ?
>

> <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
> xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">
>      <ellipse cx="50" cy="50" rx="20" ry="20" style="fill: #F00">
>      </ellipse>
>           <text x="13" y="54" style="fill: #F090; font-size: 14px">
>                Source!
>           </text>
> </svg>
>

> Regards ,
> Freddy

Andreas Neumann - Institute of Cartography
ETH Hoenggerberg
CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland
Phone: ++41-1-633 3031, Fax: ++41-1-633 1153
e-mail: neumann@karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.carto.net/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/