Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Melvin Thomas Melvin <me...@myrealbox.com> on 2002/05/30 22:14:49 UTC

httpd.conf settings preventing perl cgi?

If this is not the appropriate place for PERL/CGI questions, please tell me what is...

I have been trying to get a "hello world" cgi script with a form in it to work on 1.3.20 on HP/UX 11.0, and all I get is what should happen after the button is pressed.

I have tried several PERL scripts and all perform post-form stuff. I don't know if it's a PERL issue, an Apache issue, or an OS issue.

If anyone can help, please contact me at melvintmelvin@myrealbox.com

Thanks
-M

Re: httpd.conf settings preventing perl cgi?

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Thu, 30 May 2002, Melvin Thomas Melvin wrote:

> If this is not the appropriate place for PERL/CGI questions, please tell me what is...
>
> I have been trying to get a "hello world" cgi script with a form in it to work on 1.3.20 on HP/UX 11.0, and all I get is what should happen after the button is pressed.
>
> I have tried several PERL scripts and all perform post-form stuff. I don't know if it's a PERL issue, an Apache issue, or an OS issue.

It sounds like apache is not configured to execute the cgi script.
Is it in a cgi-bin directory?  You should take a look at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/howto/cgi.html
and if you still can't figure things out, provide us with the
exact details of how you have configured it.

Joshua.