Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Pingili, Madhupal" <MP...@BBandT.com> on 2004/08/26 20:16:39 UTC

RE: can a non struts application be called from inside stuts appl ication.

How about using HTTP Client package like this:
    public static String getUrlResponse(String url) {
      String result = null;
      HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
      // Create a method instance.
      HttpMethod method = new GetMethod(url);
      // Execute the method.
      try {
        int statusCode = client.executeMethod(method);
      } catch (HttpRecoverableException e) {
          //log the error
      } catch (IOException e) {
          //log the error
      }
      // Read the response body.
      byte[] responseBody = method.getResponseBody();
      if( result == null ) {
        result = new String(responseBody);
      }
      // Release the connection.
      method.releaseConnection();
      return result;
    }

In your case, have 3 methods method1, method2 and method3 for 3 servlets
and execute them one after the other.

Just try and see if it solves your problem.

Posted by Bill Siggelkow <bi...@bellsouth.net>.
I wouldn't use HttpClient for this if what you want to do is call the
business logic called by the servlets -- particularly if you have access
to the source code of the servlets.

My 3 cents ...

Posted by Shilpa Nalgonda <sn...@mypublisher.com>.