Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Amy Roh <am...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/27 21:31:52 UTC

checkInterval for loader and manager

Remy,

We don't have checkInterval attribute for loader and
manager after refactoring.  Should I remove it from
admin?  I see it's broken since then.

Thanks,
Amy

HTTP Status 500 - Error retrieving attribute
checkInterval

*type* Status report

*message* _Error retrieving attribute checkInterval_

*description* _The server encountered an internal
error (Error retrieving attribute checkInterval) that
prevented it from fulfilling this request._

Re: checkInterval for loader and manager

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Amy Roh wrote:
> I have fixed admin so checkInterval is no longer on the context pages.  I like your first name better than "backgroundProcessorDelay" ;-)

Really ? It was executeDelay. The problem was that it gave no clue as to
what it did; maybe it was "lighter" than the current one. I'm no good
for names anyway (most of the time).

Remy

Re: checkInterval for loader and manager

Posted by Amy Roh <am...@yahoo.com>.

Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> wrote:

Amy Roh wrote:
> Remy,
>
> We don't have checkInterval attribute for loader and
> manager after refactoring. Should I remove it from
> admin? I see it's broken since then.

Ah, yes, sorry, I forgot to update admin :-(

All containers should get the new "backgroundProcessorDelay" attribute
(if it's >0, they'll spawn a background process thread which will be
used for them and their children, unless they themselves have a >0 value).

I have nothing against changing the "backgroundProcessorDelay" name
(it's better than my first name, though ;-) ).

Remy

Re: checkInterval for loader and manager

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.