Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Jeffrey D. Brekke" <jb...@wi.rr.com> on 2004/04/29 15:16:08 UTC

[VOTE] Mario Ivankovits commiter on commons-net

> Steve Cohen wrote:
>> I wasn't sure if Mario had a vote here or not.
>>
> I wasnt aware of the vote process - but read
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/prepare.html now.  Only
> votes of comitters on the project are binding.

It does seem weird that any committer in commons can *commit* but only
those listed as committers of the package can vote.  As for that
formality:

I nominate Mario as a committer on commons-net.  He has helped with
the composite entry parser and testing.

Here's my offically binding +1

Re: [VOTE] Mario Ivankovits commiter on commons-net

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
Normal protocol only requires Mario to add his name to the project's status
file. Any other committer can -1 this, but I've yet to see that happen.
There is no requirement to vote anyone onto a subproject ;-)

Stephen