Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Gisbert Amm <gi...@webde.de> on 2007/10/04 11:23:13 UTC

Maven-Changes-Plugin: Unable to find the mojo ...

Out of the blue I'm getting this error:

Error getting reports from the plugin
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-changes-plugin': Unable to find the mojo
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-changes-plugin:2.0-beta-3-SNAPSHOT:changes-report'
in the plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-changes-plugin'

Does anybody have a glue why this happens and how to work around it?

-Gisbert

--
Gisbert Amm
Softwareentwickler Infrastruktur

1&1 Internet AG
Elgendorfer Strasse 57
56410 Montabaur

Amtsgericht Montabaur HRB 6484

Vorstand: Henning Ahlert, Ralph Dommermuth, Matthias Ehrlich, Andreas
Gauger, Thomas Gottschlich, Matthias Greve, Robert Hoffmann, Norbert
Lang, Achim Weiss

Re: Maven-Changes-Plugin: Unable to find the mojo ...

Posted by Gisbert Amm <gi...@webde.de>.
Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> Gisbert Amm wrote:
>
>> Out of the blue I'm getting this error:
>>
>> Error getting reports from the plugin
>> 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-changes-plugin': Unable to find the
>> mojo
>> 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-changes-plugin:2.0-beta-3-SNAPSHOT:changes-report'
>> in the plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-changes-plugin'
>>
>> Does anybody have a glue why this happens and how to work around it?
>>
>> -Gisbert
>>

> This pops up from time to time for different plugins. The general cure
> is to go into your local repository and remove the folder that contains
> all versions for that particular plugin. This will trigger maven to
> download a new copy of the plugin on the next run. It usually solves the
> problem. Somehow the metadata in the local repo gets corrupted.

You're right, that helps. Good to know that I'm not the only one facing
this phenomenon.

-Gisbert

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.