Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Vibhatha Abeykoon <vi...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/04 19:25:17 UTC

Storm Windowing

Hi,

I am Vibhatha, a PhD student at Indiana University Bloomington.
I am a Storm user and I am also developing some features on top of Apache
windowing APIs
I have a question regarding the Time Eviction policy related to Watermarks.

I tried to run some examples and I came across a place where the
WatermarkTimeEvictionPolicy
evict method is not called.

The main reason is the event messages added to the queue variable in the
window manager checks whether the vent is a watermark event or not. In case
of a watermark event, it doesn't add this to the queue. And the place where
the eviction policy is called, it only called when the queue has elements
in it. I am not sure whether I am not understanding the code base right.
Could you please help me to understand, how the WatermarkEvictionPolicy is
called? Thanks a lot for your time.

With Regards,
Vibhatha Abeykoon,
Research Assistant,