Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Wang Penghui <wa...@realss.com> on 2004/11/03 04:21:48 UTC

[users@httpd] Ask for suggestion of apache log analysis

Hi all:

	I am new administrator of a web server. I am using the most popular and
powerful web server apache. Everyone knows that log files are the most
important things to a web server. So i wonder that what software are
you using in log analysis? Or anyother special configuration in
httpd.conf? And what should i pay more attention to in daily management?

Each response is appreciate.

Wang Penghui

Re: [users@httpd] Ask for suggestion of apache log analysis

Posted by Eimantas Vaiciunas <ei...@sc.vu.lt>.
On Wednesday 03 November 2004 05:21, Wang Penghui wrote:
> Hi all:
>
>  I am new administrator of a web server. I am using the most popular and
> powerful web server apache. Everyone knows that log files are the most
> important things to a web server. So i wonder that what software are
> you using in log analysis? Or anyother special configuration in
> httpd.conf? And what should i pay more attention to in daily management?
Well i've set up 'Alias' on my apache so i can view all my logs through
browser (of course allowing access only from my ip with basic
authentication). Additionally i'm using cronolog for log parsing. It's rather
comfortable for me to looke each days' logs.

All referers and user agents (browsers) goes to two separate files accordingly
(by default).

Using 'grep' tool you can get all errors from your access log for 403, 500 and
other errors.

---
Eimis