Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Vit Rozkovec <ro...@email.cz> on 2012/07/03 13:14:52 UTC

Migration from wicket 1.4.x

Hi,
what is the best approach when migrating from wicket 1.4.x?
Wait for stable 6.0 version and then start migration or migrate to 1.5.x
version?

All my projects now use 1.4.x with Hibernate via Databinder. I want to
save myself the effort to do a double migration and would rather wait
and stick with 1.4.x until 6.0 comes out, what do you recommend?

Thank you.

Vit

Re: Migration from wicket 1.4.x

Posted by Cedric Gatay <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
I've done such a migration from 1.4.x to 1.5.7 in two days for roughly 100k
SLOC. Then migration to 6.0 is a breeze...
__
Cedric Gatay
http://www.bloggure.info | http://cedric.gatay.fr |
@Cedric_Gatay<http://twitter.com/Cedric_Gatay>