Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ted Steen <te...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/28 21:03:30 UTC

building up the value in a parameter

I'm making a component that should act as a image selector.
You should be able to, in the component, browse some images and add
them to a list, this
list is connected to a (out) parameter.
problem is that the list should not only be a prameter but also
persistent, in order to persist while you browse around for other
images to add.

but for some reason tapestry doesn't allow me to use the @Persist
annotation along with the @Parameter annotation.

this is the error i get:
Property selectedImages has already been accounted for by the element
at Annotation @org.apache.tapestry.annotations.Parameter(cache=true,
defaultValue=, required=false, name=, aliases=) of public abstract
java.util.HashSet
se.liu.studorg.blaskan.web.components.staff.ImagePicker.getSelectedImages().

Is this right? if it is, how should I solve this?
--
/ted

Re: building up the value in a parameter

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Ted Steen <ted.steen <at> gmail.com> writes:

> but for some reason tapestry doesn't allow me to use the  <at> Persist
> annotation along with the  <at> Parameter annotation.

You can apply a only single annotation to a given construct
(eg, a getter). This is a rule in Java. For your case you
may create another persist property and set it to the value
of the parameter.

--
Author of a book for learning Tapestry (www.agileskills2.org/EWDT)