Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Antony Pulicken <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/13 06:38:59 UTC

Syncope | Error while provisioning user to LDAP

Hi,

I'm getting the following error while provisioning a user from syncope to
LDAP.

org.identityconnectors.framework.common.exceptions.ConnectorException:
javax.naming.OperationNotSupportedException: [LDAP: error code 53 - Entry
uid=user201,ou=people,dc=opensso,dc=java,dc=net cannot be added because it
includes attribute *entryUUID* which is defined as NO-USER-MODIFICATION in
the server schema]; remaining name
'uid=user201,ou=people,dc=opensso,dc=java,dc=net'
    at
org.identityconnectors.ldap.schema.LdapSchemaMapping.create(LdapSchemaMapping.java:325)
~[na:na]
    at
org.identityconnectors.ldap.modify.LdapCreate$1.access(LdapCreate.java:144)
~[na:na]
    at
org.identityconnectors.ldap.schema.GuardedPasswordAttribute$Simple$1.access(GuardedPasswordAttribute.java:75)
~[na:na]

I think the attribute '*entryUUID'* is getting included because we are
setting one of the field/mapping as the account Id (and it's mandatory to
do that in Syncope).

It worked only when I added a check for '*entryUUID' *and excluded the same
from the attributes while creating the sub context in the LDAP connector
code (LdapSchemaMapping.create()). Please let me know whether there is any
better way to make it work?

I have also attached the screen shot of my LDAP Resource mapping un syncope.

Regards,
Antony.

Re: [connid-users] Re: Syncope | Error while provisioning user to LDAP

Posted by Antony Pulicken <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Fabio,

Further to the mail below, please find the log messages from OpenDS,
especially the line that I have highlighted in bold. Please let me know
your comments.

[15/Mar/2012:11:17:34 +0100] SEARCH REQ conn=12 op=17 msgID=18 base=""
scope=baseObject filter="(objectClass=*)" attrs="subschemaSubentry"
[15/Mar/2012:11:17:34 +0100] SEARCH RES conn=12 op=17 msgID=18 result=0
nentries=1 etime=1
[15/Mar/2012:11:17:34 +0100] SEARCH REQ conn=12 op=18 msgID=19
*base="ou=people,dc=opensso,dc=java,dc=net"
scope=wholeSubtree
filter="(&(&(objectClass=top)(objectClass=person)(objectClass=organizationalPerson)(objectClass=inetOrgPerson))(entryUUID=syncopeuser004))"
*attrs="audio,businessCategory,carLicense,cn,departmentNumber,description,destinationIndicator,displayName,employeeNumber,employeeType,entryUUID,facsimileTelephoneNumber,givenName,homePhone,homePostalAddress,initials,internationaliSDNNumber,jpegPhoto,l,labeledURI,mail,manager,mobile,o,objectClass,ou,pager,photo,physicalDeliveryOfficeName,postalAddress,postalCode,postOfficeBox,preferredDeliveryMethod,preferredLanguage,registeredAddress,roomNumber,secretary,seeAlso,sn,st,street,telephoneNumber,teletexTerminalIdentifier,telexNumber,title,uid,userCertificate;binary,userPassword,userPKCS12,userSMIMECertificate,x121Address,x500UniqueIdentifier"
[15/Mar/2012:11:17:34 +0100] SEARCH RES conn=12 op=18 msgID=19 result=0
nentries=0 etime=4
[15/Mar/2012:11:17:34 +0100] SEARCH REQ conn=12 op=19 msgID=20 base=""
scope=baseObject filter="(objectClass=*)" attrs="subschemaSubentry"
[15/Mar/2012:11:17:34 +0100] SEARCH RES conn=12 op=19 msgID=20 result=0
nentries=1 etime=1
[15/Mar/2012:11:17:34 +0100] ADD REQ conn=12 op=20 msgID=21
dn="uid=syncopeuser004,ou=people,dc=opensso,dc=java,dc=net"
[15/Mar/2012:11:17:34 +0100] ADD RES conn=12 op=20 msgID=21 result=68
message="The entry uid=syncopeuser004,ou=people,dc=opensso,dc=java,dc=net
cannot be added because an entry with that name already exists" etime=1
[15/Mar/2012:11:18:57 +0100] SEARCH REQ conn=12 op=21 msgID=22 base=""
scope=baseObject filter="(objectClass=*)" attrs="subschemaSubentry"
[15/Mar/2012:11:18:57 +0100] SEARCH RES conn=12 op=21 msgID=22 result=0
nentries=1 etime=0

Regards,
Antony.

Posted by Fabio Martelli <fa...@gmail.com>.
Il giorno 15/mar/2012, alle ore 11.52, Emmanuel Lécharny ha scritto:

> Le 3/15/12 11:27 AM, Fabio Martelli a écrit :
>> Il giorno 15/mar/2012, alle ore 10.59, Antony Pulicken ha scritto:
>>
>>> Thanks a lot Fabio and get well soon :-)
>>>
>>> 1. We are using OpenDS
>>> 2. I have attached the screenshots of mapping and the connector configuration
>>>
>>> I'm facing another issue now. I doubt it is occurring because the LDAP connector configuration is incorrect. The issue is the updates from AD are not getting synced to LDAP. When an update happens in AD, it's getting synced to syncope and then the LDAP search is getting invoked. Even though the user exists in LDAP, it's returning null and because of that Create is getting triggered. Can you please take a look at the configuration and spot anything that is obvious ?
>> Hi Antony,
>> you are using uid in your AccountLink and Username as AccountId -->  this could generate problems ....
>>
>> 1. Consider that in this way syncope will create users with specified DN (AccountLink) but it will search for users using the Username
>> 2. In a certain way you are creating an entry specifying two UIDs:  as far as I know, this happens because you are creating an entry specifying the dn (including the former uid value) and the uid attribute (latter uid value). This is absolutely normal if and only if the two UIDs are the same.
>
> FYI, a decent LDAP server will add the uid found in the DN if it's not present in the entry. For instance, adding :
>
> dn: uid=jdoe,dc=example,dc=com
> uid:jacme
>
> will create this entry :
> dn: uid=jdoe,dc=example,dc=com
> uid: jacme
> uid: jdoe
>
> as the uid AT is multi-valued.
>
> Now, this might not be the expected things.

This is exactly what I mean.
Thank you Emmanuel for your observation.

Regards,
F.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Antony Pulicken <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Marco. That helped.

The resource mapping looks clean now as the account link is fine and I have
removed the 'ui'd mapping that I created as a workaround.

But I still have the issue where in LDAP search is returning null and hence
a LDAP create is getting triggered instead of LDAP Update when an 'update
Sync' is triggered from AD. Please find the latest logs from OpenDS: I have
also attached the latest resource mapping and connector configuration
screenshots.

[16/Mar/2012:02:06:28 +0100] SEARCH REQ conn=10 op=38 msgID=39 base=""
scope=baseObject filter="(objectClass=*)" attrs="subschemaSubentry"
[16/Mar/2012:02:06:28 +0100] SEARCH RES conn=10 op=38 msgID=39 result=0
nentries=1 etime=1
[16/Mar/2012:02:06:28 +0100] SEARCH REQ conn=10 op=39 msgID=40
base="ou=people,dc=opensso,dc=java,dc=net" scope=wholeSubtree
filter="(&(&(objectClass=top)(objectClass=person)(objectClass=organizationalPerson)(objectClass=inetOrgPerson))(
*entryUUID=syncopeuser011*))"
attrs="audio,businessCategory,carLicense,cn,departmentNumber,description,destinationIndicator,displayName,employeeNumber,employeeType,entryUUID,facsimileTelephoneNumber,givenName,homePhone,homePostalAddress,initials,internationaliSDNNumber,jpegPhoto,l,labeledURI,mail,manager,mobile,o,objectClass,ou,pager,photo,physicalDeliveryOfficeName,postalAddress,postalCode,postOfficeBox,preferredDeliveryMethod,preferredLanguage,registeredAddress,roomNumber,secretary,seeAlso,sn,st,street,telephoneNumber,teletexTerminalIdentifier,telexNumber,title,uid,userCertificate;binary,userPassword,userPKCS12,userSMIMECertificate,x121Address,x500UniqueIdentifier"
[16/Mar/2012:02:06:28 +0100] SEARCH RES conn=10 op=39 msgID=40 result=0
nentries=0 etime=4
[16/Mar/2012:02:06:28 +0100] SEARCH REQ conn=10 op=40 msgID=41 base=""
scope=baseObject filter="(objectClass=*)" attrs="subschemaSubentry"
[16/Mar/2012:02:06:28 +0100] SEARCH RES conn=10 op=40 msgID=41 result=0
nentries=1 etime=1
[16/Mar/2012:02:06:28 +0100] ADD REQ conn=10 op=41 msgID=42
dn="uid=syncopeuser011,ou=people,dc=opensso,dc=java,dc=net"
[16/Mar/2012:02:06:28 +0100] ADD RES conn=10 op=41 msgID=42 result=68
message="The entry uid=syncopeuser011,ou=people,dc=opensso,dc=java,dc=net
cannot be added because an entry with that name already exists" etime=0

Thanks and Regards,
Antony.

Posted by Marco Di Sabatino Di Diodoro <ma...@tirasa.net>.

Posted by Antony Pulicken <an...@gmail.com>.