Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/19 16:32:44 UTC

Problem with Pipeline In Flink Runner

I was trying to run a local Pipeline we have (basically a batch one we
rewrote from TPC-H)  in all the possible runners, for the moment I had
success with the DirectPipelineRunner, InProcessPipelineRunner and
SparkPipelineRunner. However when I executed it in the FlinkPipelineRunner
I got this exception:

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: The transform Window.Into() is
currently not supported.

I thought it was probably a configuration error since I remember that in
the flink runner we had to explicitly define if it was a batch or streaming
job, but when I checked the options:

Current Settings:
  appName: TestQ08Task
  filesToStage: ...
  flinkMaster: [auto]
  parallelism: 1
  runner: class org.apache.beam.runners.flink.FlinkPipelineRunner
  stableUniqueNames: WARNING
  streaming: false

I noticed I was in batch mode, is there something missing in the options
configuration, or is it that the UnsoppertedOperation is a WIP or not
supported at all by Flink ?

And extra question, this option to define if it is in batch or stream mode
is going to stay for long, can't be this inferred some how ?

Thanks,
-Ismaël

Re: Problem with Pipeline In Flink Runner

Posted by Frances Perry <fj...@google.com>.
Amir -- this sounds like a general Flink usage question not related to
Beam? If so, you might want to try the Flink user's list.

Posted by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks, that's the way I did it, it was just that I thought for a second
about a more complicated system property of the -D kind, but the normal way
is enough for my current case, thanks.

Ismaël

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofr�
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Problem with Pipeline In Flink Runner

Posted by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com>.
Hello again,

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.
Hi Ismael,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
AFAIK, the side input is not yet supported in Flink runner in streaming
mode. The Spark runner doesn't support it neither ;)

I think Max is working on it for Flink runner. I will work with Amit on
Spark runner.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofr�
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Problem with Pipeline In Flink Runner

Posted by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
Hi,