Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Campesato, Oswald" <OC...@iona.com> on 2001/09/11 05:41:55 UTC

specifying multiple=true in html:select

Specifying multiple=true in this tag generates multiple="multiple" in
the HTML code.  Checking my HTML book shows multiple selects
in a select box with just the word MULTIPLE.  Is this the correct
behavior?

Cordially,

Oswald

Re: specifying multiple=true in html:select

Posted by Erik Hatcher <ja...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Yes, it is correct.   Its irrelevant what the value of the MULTIPLE
attribute is, and its not well-formed XML to have an attribute without a
value.   This is addressed in XHTML in Section 4.5 here:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#diffs

    Erik