Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <co...@decus.org> on 1997/10/16 14:53:16 UTC

Dup-dups of bug-bugs?

    Is anyone else on the bugdb list getting two copies of everything?
    Or is it just me?  I'm also getting two cron logs per day instead of
    one; is the old Taz still alive somewhere?

    #ken    P-)}

Re: Dup-dups of bug-bugs?

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
Double messages are being sent because the bugdb.cgi script and the way the
gnats administrative configuration files are set up need to be re-examined.
 I don't have time for it right now, but I'm guessing it has to do with the
# of times, and where, "apache-bugdb" is mentioned in
~gnats/gnats-adm/responsible, config, categories, or submitters.  If
someone wants to look at that & give an opinion I'd appreciate it.

	Brian

"it's a big world, with lots of records to play." - sig   brian@organic.com

Re: Dup-dups of bug-bugs?

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
At 09:31 PM 10/16/97 +0200, Lars Eilebrecht wrote:
>According to Rob Hartill:
>
>>  Brian said he'd fully switched to qmail. Qmail's biggest drawback is
>>  that it puts messages into individual envelopes and doesn't consolidate
>>  mail heading for the same person or mailserver into one delivery.
>>
>>  So, if the mail is sent to multiple addresses and you are listed
>>  as a recipient of >1 of those addresses then you'll get multiple
>>  copies.
>>
>>  It might be unrelated to your observation, but it is a known
>>  drawback of qmail.
>
>*gnar* This affirms my point of view that qmail sucks... :-/

It's a deliberate design decision, and once you walk through the reasoning
for it, it makes a lot of sense.

Qmail rawks, period.

Re: Dup-dups of bug-bugs?

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.

On Thu, 16 Oct 1997, Rob Hartill wrote:

> I ran qmail from my home machine for a week or so. Spammed too many people
> with duplicate mail so had to ditch it.

Oh I just ignore their pleas, or tell them about procmail.

> .. and that was before I had tabs set to 4 columns.

:)

Dean

Re: Dup-dups of bug-bugs?

Posted by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com>.

Re: Dup-dups of bug-bugs?

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.

Re: Dup-dups of bug-bugs?

Posted by Lars Eilebrecht <La...@unix-ag.org>.
According to Rob Hartill:

>  Brian said he'd fully switched to qmail. Qmail's biggest drawback is
>  that it puts messages into individual envelopes and doesn't consolidate
>  mail heading for the same person or mailserver into one delivery.
>
>  So, if the mail is sent to multiple addresses and you are listed
>  as a recipient of >1 of those addresses then you'll get multiple
>  copies.

I'm also getting dupes of all apache-bugdb posts... but as far as I
know I'm only subscribed with one address!?

>  It might be unrelated to your observation, but it is a known
>  drawback of qmail.

*gnar* This affirms my point of view that qmail sucks... :-/

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht                             - Windows is for fun...
sfx@unix-ag.org                        - Linux for getting things done.

Re: Dup-dups of bug-bugs?

Posted by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com>.