Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Fabrizio Caldas <fa...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/09 12:45:44 UTC

Re: Overflowing of Japanese/Chinese Chars

J,

Your advice was to put zero width space (U+200B) directly on the
properties file.

The Japanese/Chinese translators don't know how to put the zero width
space in the properties file, neither do I.
Does anyone on the list know what is to be done to insert the zero
width space in a properties file?

The translators also found another problem when looking at the rendered PDF.
>>we found not only  overflowing of characters problem, also found
translation truncated in the page and wrong newline problem.

Does anyone also know what could be done to solve this problem?

Regards,

Fabrizio.

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Fabrizio Caldas wrote:
> The Japanese/Chinese translators don't know how to put the zero width
> space in the properties file, neither do I.

Well, my experience with property files is limited. However, I wonder,
if they can put Japanese characters into a property file, you ought to
have a program which can insert arbitrary baseplane unicode characters.
What kind of tool are you using?

> The translators also found another problem when looking at the rendered PDF.
>>> we found not only  overflowing of characters problem, also found
> translation truncated in the page and wrong newline problem.

If these are the problems I suspect they are, then you're stuck. You
might try the current development code.

J.Pietschmann