Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Andrew Okullu <an...@mojagap.io> on 2020/03/11 07:46:07 UTC

Re: [Mifos-developer] Invitation to join Open Banking Working Group

Dear Ed,

Please add me to the group

Email Address: andrew@mojagap.io

Discourse username: aokullu

Kind Regards

Andrew

From: Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>
Reply to: Mifos software development <mi...@lists.sourceforge.net>
Date: Wednesday, 11 March 2020 at 09:01
To: Dev <de...@fineract.apache.org>, Mifos software development <mi...@lists.sourceforge.net>
Cc: Steve Conrad <sc...@digitalimpactalliance.org>, Avik Ganguly <av...@fynarfin.io>, Niklas Uhrberg <Ni...@resurs.se>, Farooq ProSys <fa...@productivesys.com>, Ankit Sharma <an...@muellners.com>, Maek Twain <sa...@muellners.com>, Aseem Munshi <as...@gmail.com>, Victor Manuel Romero Rodriguez <vi...@fintecheando.mx>, Sipos Tamás <ta...@dpc.hu>, Istvan Molnar <is...@dpc.hu>, Jankovics Márta <ma...@dpc.hu>
Subject: [Mifos-developer] Invitation to join Open Banking Working Group

Hi everyone,

As you know, as part of our grant from DIAL last year, the Mifos Initiative completed a proof of concept implementation of the UK Open Banking API standard on top of the WS02 API Gateway for Account Information and Payment Initiation requests. These Open Banking APIs are to serve as the Open Banking API layer on top of Fineract but also to replace the self-service APIs and provides secure way for both trusted first party as well as third party apps to connect.

I wanted to convene a working group of experts across the community to help advance those efforts as well as formulate a roadmap, explore different API gateways, etc.

Some of the next steps we have at the moment are to map out current self-service APIs to the UK Open Banking API standards so our suite of first party apps like our mobile banking, mobile wallet, and online banking apps can connect.

I'd also like to discuss creating comprehensive documentation as well as launching a developer portal around these APIs.

I would like to use a Discourse group to house the discussion.

If you're interested in joining, could you please reply to this mail and also create an account on our Discourse and I'll add you to the group.

Best wishes,

Ed

Here is some of the past discussion on the topic.

A couple recent threads on list that covered this topic and I linked to some of the background where we aimed to use Open Banking API as the secure means of connecting both trusted first party apps (i.e. mobile banking) as wells third party apps to the back-end.

https://markmail.org/thread/pijv4kb5i5lmqx33

Here are the resources on Open Banking. I will share with you the lab environment soon and the repositories where all the open banking configuration is at.

Docs: https://mifos.gitbook.io/docs/

Mifos API Gateway Technical Overview:

 Mifos API Gateway Technical Overview

 Fineract API Gateway implementation - Handover ...

Webinar Demoing the POC built out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcP5U-hPwpY

Re: [Mifos-developer] Invitation to join Open Banking Working Group

Posted by Avik Ganguly <av...@fynarfin.io>.
Please add me to the group.
Discourse ID: avik
ᐧ

--
Disclaimer:

Privileged & confidential information is contained in this message
(including all attachments). If you are not an intended recipient of this
message, please destroy this message immediately and kindly notify
the sender by reply e-mail. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this
message in any manner whatsoever, in whole or in part, is strictly
prohibited. This e-mail, including all attachments hereto, (i) is for
discussion purposes only and shall not be deemed or construed to be a
professional opinion unless expressly stated otherwise, and (ii) is not
intended, written or sent to be used, and cannot and shall not be used, for
any unlawful purpose. This communication, including any attachments, may
not be free of viruses, interceptions or interference, and may not be
compatible with your systems. You should carry out your own virus checks
before opening any attachment to this e-mail. The sender of this e-mail and
Fynarfin Tech Private Limited shall not be liable for any damage that you
may sustain as a result of viruses, incompleteness of this message, a delay
in receipt of this message or computer problems experienced.

Re: [Mifos-developer] Invitation to join Open Banking Working Group

Posted by Giorgio Zoppi <gi...@gmail.com>.