Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Steve Hay <st...@uk.radan.com> on 2007/04/20 11:20:07 UTC

[users@httpd] Running Apache httpd as a service on Windows Vista

Has anybody else tried running Apache httpd (either 1.3.x or 2.2.x) as a
service on Windows Vista?

I need to run 1.3.x on Vista and prefer to run it as a service, but when
I try to start the service (after installing 1.3.37) I get error 1067:
The process was terminated unexpectedly.

The configuration file must be set up correctly because I can run
apache.exe okay in a command prompt.

I also tried 2.2.4, but the service again fails to start, this time
giving service-specific error-code 1. I can't start httpd.exe in a
command prompt this time either, so maybe something else is wrong?

(The installer couldn't put the configuration file in place, so I copied
the default/httpd-win.conf file into place and changed all mention of
@@ServerName@@, @@Port@@ and @@ServerRoot@@ to the appropriate values
(using forward slashes in the paths), so I think the configuration is
OK. Is there anything else that I've forgotten?)

I'm logged in as an Administrator, and I've set the "Run as
administrator" option on the apache.exe/httpd.exe files.

I logged this issue as bug #41611 in February, but haven't had any reply
yet.