Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Martin van den Bemt <mv...@mvdb.com> on 2002/04/15 09:29:34 UTC

ETC on 28th and 29th of April in Teteringen (Breda).

Hi everyone,

Since it is hard for a non Amsterdam person to find suitable and affordable
space and because of queensday in Amsterdam, which makes it hard to find
hotel space, I decided to organize this in my home town Teteringen. You must
say : "huh where the hell is that??". Teteringen is near Breda and very good
reachable by public transportation (at least Breda is, for Teteringen there
are busses, but I will try to get some transportation arranged if that is
necessary).
On the 28th it will start at 10:00 and we have time until 19:00 and the next
day depends on how much time we need, but the location is reserved from
10:00 to 18:00.
If you come by plane, you can land on Eindhoven airport, since Ryan Air is
flying there it will be a money saver.
I talked to one hotel nearby and they still have 45 rooms available. The
prices are from 70 to 90 Euro's a night. I will try to get more quotes, for
less expensive hotels. If you are interested in the hotel, just send me an
e-mail with your details and I will reserve the room for you.
If I know exactly how many people are coming, I can arrange a diner on the
28th in the center of Breda.

I will try to get the site updated with this information tonight.

If you didn't already : you can enter your details, if you want to attend at
: http://turbine.isallineed.org (if it is offline, send me a mail to
mvdb@mvdb.com, I am having some trouble lately with my adsl connection..)

Mvgr,
Martin

RE: ETC on 28th and 29th of April in Teteringen (Breda).

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ma...@isallineed.org>.
Jason and others,

I updated the site, with a menu called "hotels". How to get to Breda is all
described there. Since you are in Enschede, it will probably be easier to
stay in Breda (else the train will take a bit too long to get you in Breda).
If you can call me when you arrive in your hotel, I can drop by to go
through the details. Since I am not there on friday and saturday (saturday
evening I will be back), some arranging may have to be done to help out
"foreign" attandees.
See http://turbine.isallineed.org for the updated site. Some reflections on
the costs are also given there. It means : the more attandees, the lower the
cost ;)

Mvgr,
Martin van den Bemt

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org

http://tambora.zenplex.org

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On Mon, 2002-04-15 at 03:29, Martin van den Bemt wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Since it is hard for a non Amsterdam person to find suitable and affordable
> space and because of queensday in Amsterdam, which makes it hard to find
> hotel space, I decided to organize this in my home town Teteringen. You must
> say : "huh where the hell is that??". Teteringen is near Breda and very good
> reachable by public transportation (at least Breda is, for Teteringen there
> are busses, but I will try to get some transportation arranged if that is
> necessary).
> On the 28th it will start at 10:00 and we have time until 19:00 and the next
> day depends on how much time we need, but the location is reserved from
> 10:00 to 18:00.

Cool, you will definitely need to give me directions :-)

At this point I also thought we were going to call this off because of
lack of interest but I'm glad to go anywhere if people are interested
but I think it's a bit late at this point. Do you have any idea of how
many people might actually come?

> If you come by plane, you can land on Eindhoven airport, since Ryan Air is
> flying there it will be a money saver.
> I talked to one hotel nearby and they still have 45 rooms available. The
> prices are from 70 to 90 Euro's a night. I will try to get more quotes, for
> less expensive hotels. If you are interested in the hotel, just send me an
> e-mail with your details and I will reserve the room for you.
> If I know exactly how many people are coming, I can arrange a diner on the
> 28th in the center of Breda.
>
> I will try to get the site updated with this information tonight.

Cool. At this point I would call it an informal little meeting but I'm
happy to do anything the group wishes. Just keep me posted.

> If you didn't already : you can enter your details, if you want to attend at
> : http://turbine.isallineed.org (if it is offline, send me a mail to
> mvdb@mvdb.com, I am having some trouble lately with my adsl connection..)
>

> Mvgr,
> Martin

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org

http://tambora.zenplex.org

RE: ETC on 28th and 29th of April in Teteringen (Breda).

Posted by Diederik de Groot <dd...@talon.nl>.
Hi Martin,

I tried to register to you list several times (now and a couple of weeks
ago), but somehow i don't turn up in the list of attendees. Am i not allowed
to come :-).

Thanks,

Diederik de Groot
Tilburg

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ma...@isallineed.org>.
The 29th will be probably the "chatting" day, where you can express your
ideas and how turbine can be part of that.  A sort of online workshops.
Since Jason made estimates of the length of the subjects, it could very well
be, we need the time on monday too, to finish the subjects on the agenda..
I guess the second option will be the one, since everyone is always full of
questions, which can make the time per subject a lot longer..

Mvgr,
Martin