Posted to users@maven.apache.org by boutin <bo...@fimasys.fr> on 2004/07/02 11:20:44 UTC

Pb using package propertie for generating project tree

Hello everybody,

I'm refering to the documentation found inside http://maven.apache.org/reference/user-guide.html.

On the project Setup section / starting a new project, it is explain that you have to do :
$ maven -Dpackage=[name_of_package] genapp

to generate a project tree, however this always generate the com.mycompany.app/App.java structure whatever name_of_package you but. Is is a bug or am I missing something ?

Regards,
Denis.

RE: Pb using package propertie for generating project tree

Posted by "W. Sean Hennessy" <sh...@goldenhourdata.com>.
FYI:
The plugin.jelly script used by genapp-plugin will iterate through a set of parameters
and prompt the user to set each of the corresponding internal maven.genapp.template.${var} properties' value.
However, we can also pre-define each of these properties with ${user.name}\build.properties
as an alternative to command line definitions.
This should allow the property overrides in build.properties to circumvent the default interactive prompt behavior.

#build.properties
maven.genapp.template.id=default
maven.genapp.template.name=MyApplicationName
maven.genapp.template.package=com.mycompany.app
maven.genapp.template.user=${user.name}